Monday, April 12
1. Read on parenting styles in ch. 12 of your textbook.
2. Observe and record conflicts between parents and children in a public place (e.g., toy store, grocery store, park).
3. Describe at least two conflicts.
4. Classify each of the parents according to Baumrind's parenting styles. Make sure you explain the rationale for your classification.
5. For one of the observed conflicts, assume that what you observe is a typical interaction between that parent and that child. How would you predict the child will behave later on, during adolescence or as young adults? Why?