Class Data Sets
(1) This page is under construction so not all materials may be available..
(2) To download a data set, right click on SAS (for SAS .sas7bdat format) or SPSS (for .sav SPSS format).
(3) All data sets are in the public domain, but I have lost the references to some of them. Feel free to copy and distribute them, but do not use them for commercial gain.
(4) Downloadable documentation (which can also be viewed in the browser) is in the form of a .txt or .pdf file.This makes it easy to view in a web browser. The links under "Notes" can provide SAS code for performing analyses on the data sets.
(5) The entries under the "Notes" column show any one of a number of things: the type of analysis for which the data set is useful, a homework assignment (past or present), or a .sas file giving the code for a SAS PROC using the data set.
|nicotinic_receptors||Effect of age and cotinine levels on the concentration of brain nicotinic receptors.||Based on Martin-Ruiz et al. (2003), Biological Psychiatry 54:1222-1233||SAS SPSS|
|outlier||Example of the effect of an outlier.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|five_hiaa||Example of polynomial regression: CSF 5-HIAA levels over time.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|sex_recovery||Example of interaction: prior sexual experience and dose of an androgen.||Basic endocrinology of behavior.||SAS SPSS|
|cigarette_withdrawal||Polynomial regression with ordered groups: abstinence from cigarettes and alpha EEG activity.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|poly_interaction||Polynomial regression with an interaction.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|ssri_1||Example of a oneway ANOVA: Effect of four different SSRIs.||Fictitous||SAS SPSS|
|ssri_2||Example of two-way ANOVA: SSRIs and Stress.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|mouse_sociality||Example of a multiway ANOVA: Effects of strain, sex, and vasopressin on mouse sociality.||Based loosely on the work of Tom Insel and colleagues.||SAS SPSS|
|clinical_trial_1||Example of ANCOVA: Clinical trial with baseline symptoms as a covariate.||Many studies on the relative efficacy of antidepressent drugs and cognitive therapy.||SAS SPSS|
|bdnf||Increased power by coding categorical variables.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|pkcgamma||Anxiety and pkc-gamma knockout mice genotypes: Various methods of coding categorical variables.||Bowers et a. (19XX), Behavior Genetics:XX, XXX-XXX.||SAS SPSS|
|helmert1||Learning curve: Coding categorical variables: Helmert code.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|helmert2||Learning curve: Coding categorical variables: Reverse Helmert code.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|gaba_blocker||Anxiolytics and GABA blockers: Coding categorical variables to test hypotheses.||Fictitious||SAS SPSS|
|posthoc_strain1||Sleep time after ethanol in mice: Example of multiple comparison procedures (post hoc tests): Balanced design.||McClearn||SAS SPSS|