Welcome to the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience. We are pleased to offer separate Bachelor of Arts degrees in Psychology and in Neuroscience.
- Check out the department’s brand new promotional video for the Psychology major!
The Psychology major provides a fundamental understanding of the principles of human cognition, emotion, behavior, social interactions, and mind-brain relationships. Our distinguished faculty also teach excellent upper division courses in areas of expertise that include, but are not limited to, behavioral genetics, cognitive neuroscience, cognitive psychology, clinical psychology, child development, women’s health, and judgment and decision making.
Our Neuroscience major provides a fundamental understanding of brain function that emerges from knowledge of the interplay of the molecular, cellular, and systems–level operation of the nervous system. Our distinguished faculty also teach excellent upper division courses in areas of expertise that include, but are not limited to, learning and memory, addiction, mental illness, stress, neuroendocrinology, neuropharmacology, and behavioral neuroscience.
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience promotes the understanding of human behavior by equipping students with the skills to evaluate and participate in diverse research programs that produce scientific, evidence–based results. We look forward to working with you!
Our Overall Undergraduate Education Mission Statement
The Department of Psychology and Neuroscience aims to provide high-quality, research-grounded education for undergraduate students who have diverse backgrounds and diverse career objectives. The Department strives to teach students the fundamentals of the discipline and to ground that content within the historical perspective, values, and ethical standards of the field. The Department regards the science of Psychology and Neuroscience as an ideal platform to enhance studentsí critical thinking, creativity, complex reasoning, research skills, and written and oral communication effectiveness.
- Undergraduate Advising in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
Course and Degree information
- Course Wikis (web sites for some courses)
- Neuroscience Major website
- List of all Psychology courses from the School of Arts & Sciences course catalog (note: not all courses offered each semester)
- List of all Neuroscience courses from the School of Arts & Sciences course catalog (note: not all courses offered each semester)
- Independent Study instructions
- Independent Study application form
- Joint BA/MA in Cognitive Psychology
- Honors Program in Psychology and Neuroscience
- Imogene Jacobs Scholarship information
- Undergraduate Certificate in Cognitive Science
- Undergraduate Certificate in Neuroscience
- Undergraduate Research Day